Thursday, January 12, 2012

the artists stick figure



     This next exercise is called sticks. You will need more then paper and pin. You will need a fashion magazine or anything that has a full body view of a person. I will be using a few sketches I found online.

this sketch I found on http://oteesalsa.deviantart.com/art/Fashion It was drawn by oteesalsa

You will take your picture and draw over it, drawing the artistes stick figure on each figure. This will give you a better understanding on how it all fits together.
Once you have done this then take out a sketch paper and draw the stick figures again. don't draw every thing you see yet endless you really want to. It is possible you may overwhelm the mind by trying to do too much at once if this is your first time drawing figures in this way.

The sketch should look like this when you are done.

Go around your house now and find newspapers, magazines, and adds that have people on them. draw the artist stick figure on each one before you through it away. I like the Walmart adds, JC penny's, and express adds the best.




3 comments:

  1. oohoo! it's very nice! im lovin it! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. peeps,
    I seriously don't know if any of you had visited this website..but I think its cool. I hoped that you (the one who created this website), can make a video. if you DID made a video and posted it on youtube, I will try my best to find it. or maybe you can send the link here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean Yee. Thanks for the comment :D . A video is a great idea. Sorry I haven't replied for so long. I haven't looked at this blog in a really long time. I'm hoping to change that some time soon and post more here.

      Delete